It almost seems trivial to review keyboard apps. I mean, typing is typing, right? QWERTY is spelled the same everywhere you look.
But finding a keyboard that matches your typing style and communication needs can dramatically improve your productivity.
This week Google released a keyboard called Gboard, which, curiously enough, is only available on iOS right now. Gboard is packed with features, including a couple you’d never imagine you’d need in a keyboard:
- Swipe keys for very rapid typing
- Search Google from the keyboard and insert the results into your text without cutting and pasting
- Find and insert GIFs
Google may be trying to keep up with Microsoft’s innovative new keyboard called Word Flow. Here’s what it offers:
- Creative backgrounds and customizations
- A twisting keypad that makes it easier to type with one hand
- Key swipe capabilities (not as easy as Gboard)
You really should see these two keyboards (and a bonus one) in action…