With all the shopping and news sites available on the wonderful world of the web, I’ve always found it very helpful (and quite scary) to monitor the time I spend at the computer. How many hours are productive, and how much time do I spend keeping up with the Kardashians*?… Get the scoop...
My dear readers,
People I meet during my presentations tell me that they treasure their copies of NerdWords, my weekly newsletter with tech tools and tips. Many say they save them for reference, which gave me a brilliant idea for a gift to you, my fellow nerds.… Get the scoop...
Here’s what happens when I try to update both my iPad and my iPhone. I think I need a cupcake.
I spent the last week at the annual conference for the American Society of Association Executives, and I cornered several tech experts to share their favorite tech tools and explain how they’re using them.
Watch this short video on tips for using:
- iPads for consultants
- Tagxedo for press releases
- Fiverr for marketing
- Softsign for document signing on the go
- Live streaming for better content delivery
- YouTube for board trainings
- …and more!
Choosing a task management system is a personal thing. It’s kind of like what some doctors say when recommending a diet – the perfect diet is the one that works for you. People choose their favorites based on any number of factors, such as:
• “I put all my stuff into this app when it first came out, and it’ll take too long to switch.”
• “I need one that integrates with Dropbox and Evernote.”
• “I like the location-based apps that ding me at the grocery store to remind me to pick up milk.”
• “I have to have something that works on Android, iOS, Mac, PC and Linux!”
As you search for the perfect system for you, peruse this list of features and options:
• System complexity
Some to-do lists are just that – lists.… Get the scoop...
I’m not even going to pretend that I would consider any other blogging or website platform over WordPress, but I’d be selfish if I didn’t at least mention some of the other great tools out there. These tools range from sites that are super easy drag-and-drop web builders to on-the-go blog and instant publishing tools that make it easy to collect and share content.… Get the scoop...
Are your tweets and Facebook postings works of art? Backupify can help you preserve them forever so your kids and grandkids have a permanent record of what you ate for breakfast every day and your reviews of local cupcake shops.
When I first heard about this tool, I thought it was a nutty idea.… Get the scoop...
If I made a chart of the time I’ve saved from each category of tech tool, tools for screencapture would top the list. You can use these tools to:
- Show people what’s on your screen
- Grab graphics from the web
- Give feedback on documents without typing out all the comments
- Add notes and arrows to maps to make directions better
- And much more!
Are you one of those people who just has to keep your password written down? PasswordCard can take that scrap of paper to a whole other level of security with a super secret password system.
Both the site and the mobile apps (Android and iOS) generate a complex card with random password characters.… Get the scoop...