With all the shopping and news sites available on the wonderful world of the web, I’ve always found it very helpful (and quite scary) to monitor the time I spend at the computer. How many hours are productive, and how much time do I spend keeping up with the Kardashians*? My go-to tool when I was a freelancer was WorkTime by Nestersoft, and for many years I used its simple but thorough reports to bill clients in accurate half-hour increments.
WorkTime is still around, but it’s $30 for the most basic level, and we can find several free sites that do the same types of monitoring. Today I discovered and fell in love with Limitless, a Chrome App that monitors my web surfing in real time.
- A beautiful homepage that takes over your New Tab screen on Google Chrome browser.
- Quick ways to add tasks and thoughts, a daily goal and more personalized info.
- At-a-glance summaries of your most visited sites and real-time monitoring of everywhere you go online.
- Umm… it’s free.
- Doesn’t monitor app use — just online surfing.
- No integrations with other task managers.
- A couple of the backgrounds made the words on the page hard to read.
You should really watch my 2-minute review of Limitless for a better idea of how this can help you be more productive online.
Your Say: What do YOU use to stay on track? Chime in below!
*Regarding the Kardashians — I’m proud to say I’ve never watched them. Now “Dance Moms” is another (embarrassing) story.